Friday, August 23, 2013

So just to give you a little idea of who the writers of this blog are: my name is Ilsa and my best friend Tess and I are both sophomore nursing students at Franciscan University of Steubenville. We have the amazing opportunity this semester to study abroad in Austria for almost 4 months and we want to document our adventures and keep our family and friends updated on what we're up to while we're there. We thought, what better way than with a blog? 
So here we are: the night before our flight out of the Chicago O'Hare airport to Vienna, Austria. I'm currently sitting in a hotel in Marinette, WI with my younger brother and sister Ted and Maria. I live in Marquette, MI and it's around a 7 hour drive to Chicago from home so I wanted to get the drive part way done today and have lots of time tomorrow so I don't get too anxious about missing the flight or something going wrong! My wonderful family came to see me off: my mom, dad, and two younger siblings are here (although that's really just a small portion of my family, since I have 7 siblings total). Right now my mom and dad are at Walmart because my mother, being super-mom and of course never thinking of herself, forgot her overnight bag since she was so worried about helping me remember everything I would need! 
I can't wait to see Tess for the first time since we came back from spring semester. It's hard to believe that tomorrow we'll be reunited and then traveling to Austria for a whole semester! I remember when this seemed so far off and now it's finally here, and came much more quickly than I was expecting! I can't wait to see what this semester brings and to experience a studying abroad in Franciscan's beautiful campus in Austria.

Just to leave you with a little humor; this is most likely what Tess and I are going to be like in the airport tomorrow (although it does bother me that "actually" is spelled wrong...)

No comments:

Post a Comment